There are a few things you need to keep in mind when formatting a book you have written:
- Font: The font should be easily read and consistent throughout the book. Times New Roman, Arial, and Calibri are all good choices for fonts.
- Size: The font size should be 12 points for body text and 14 points for headings.
- Spacing: The spacing should be double-spaced for body text and 1.5-spaced for headings.
- Margins: The margins should be 1 inch on all sides.
- Page breaks: Page breaks should be used to separate chapters and sections.
- Headers and footers: Headers and footers should be used to identify the book’s title, author, and page number.
- Index: An index should be included at the end of the book to help readers find information.
- You can format your book using a word processing program like Microsoft Word or Google Docs. There are also a number of online tools available that can help you format your books, such as Vellum and Smashwords.
Once you have formatted your book, you can save it as a PDF or an EPUB file. PDF files are the most common format for e-books, while EPUB files are the most common format for digital magazines.
You can then upload your book to a self-publishing platform like Amazon’s Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) or IngramSpark. These platforms will allow you to sell your book online and in print.
If you need a book cover design, please get in touch: